|UKAS ISO 15189 2012||
|Care Quality Commission|| Registered to carry out the following activities: Diagnostic and Screening Processes , June 2017
Participant ID: 1-3839766903
Registered Manager: Mr Christopher Evagora
Responsible Individual: Mr Christopher Evagora
|NHS Digital (was Health and Social Care Information Centre)|| Caldicott Guardian: Mr Christopher Evagora (8JP97); email@example.com
Information Governance Lead: Mr Alec Hirst
IG Tool Kit Assessment: 21/09/2017 ; Version 14.1 (2017-2018), Score 66%, Self Assessed Grade: Satisfactory . Reviewed Grade: Satisfactory
|Information Commissions Office||Registration Number: ZA224395|
|Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)||All biomedical scientists working in the department are registered
|General Medical Council||All reporting consultants are GMC registered and monitored on a yearly basis.|
|External Assurance Schemes||
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is the formal recognition that an organisation is competent to perform specific processes, activities, or tasks (which are detailed in a scope of accreditation) in a reliable credible and accurate manner. The provision of accreditation must:
- be objective, transparent and effective;
- use highly professional competent assessors and technical experts in all relevant fields;
- use assessors (and subcontractors) that are reliable, ethical and competent in both accreditation processes and the relevant technical fields.
Accreditation delivers confidence in certificates and conformity statements. It underpins the quality of results by ensuring their traceability, comparability and validity.
Who is United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)?
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service is the sole national accreditation body recognised by the British government to assess the competence of organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services. It evaluates these conformity assessment bodies and then accredits them where they are found to meet the internationally specified standard.
Medical Laboratory accreditation (ISO 15189)
UKAS provides accreditation to the internationally recognised standard ISO 15189:2012 Medical Laboratories – requirements for quality and competence.
UKAS ISO 15189 accreditation covers the following disciplines:
- Clinical Biochemistry – Toxicology – Endocrinology
- Haematology – Blood Transfusion
- Microbiology – Virology – Parasitology – Serology – Mycology
- Histopathology – Cytology – Mortuaries
Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
They are a regulatory body who were set up to protect the public interests. They do this by constructing a registry of health and care professionals who meet certain standards in training, professional skills, behaviour and health relating to their roles.They regulate the following professions;
- Arts therapists
- Biomedical scientists
- Chiropodists / podiatrists
- Clinical scientists
- Hearing aid dispensers
- Occupational therapists
- Operating department practitioners
- Orthoptists, paramedics
- Practitioner psychologists
- Prosthetists / orthotists
- Social workers in England
- Speech and language therapists
Good Clinical Practice (GCP)